Monday, May 16, 2011

Netspeak...or what the heck is ROFLMAO?

     Recently, I have received several emails from friends and family inquiring what all of my little abbreviations mean. For instance, when I am chatting online or doing a rapid email or face book post, I might type something like this:

Im SS 4 dly, uber busy atm, ttyl roflmao

this translates to ... i am so sorry for the delay but i have been very busy at the moment, talk to you later, (roll on the floor and laugh my ass off)

     To make things a bit easier for you all, I have found a posting from Pogo, under the Ms. Netiquette forum that has a huge list of almost every conceivable netspeach abbreviation in existence. I hope I don't need permission to post this, after all I am giving credit to Pogo for posting.

Pogo Netspeak Posting List

Common Abbreviations:

    -- A --
  • a&f = always & forever
  • aamof = as a matter of fact
  • adn = any day now
  • afaic = as far as I'm concerned
  • afaik = as far as I know
  • afk = away from keyboard
  • ai = artificial intelligence (often in reference to computer players)
  • aiamu = and I'm a monkey's uncle
  • anim8 = animate
  • aota = all of the above
  • aoyp = angels on your pillow
  • asl = age sex location
  • atm = at the moment
  • atp = answer the phone
  • ayt? = are you there?
  • -- B --
  • b& = banned
  • b2u = back to you
  • b4n = bye for now
  • b/c = because
  • bbiaf = be back in a few
  • bbfn = bye bye for now
  • bbiab = be back in a bit
  • bbl = be back later
  • bbq = be back quick
  • bbw = be back whenever
  • bf = boyfriend
  • bff = best friends forever
  • bf4l = best friends for life
  • bil = brother in law
  • bk = back
  • blnr = better luck next round
  • blnt = better luck next time
  • bion = believe it or not
  • brb = be right back
  • btdt = been there, done that
  • btw = by the way
  • byob = bring your own bottle
  • -- C --
  • c/t = can't talk
  • cbb = can't be bothered
  • ccl = couldn't care less
  • cg = congratulations
  • cmiiw = correct me if I'm wrong
  • cod = call of duty
  • cual = see you all later
  • cul = see you later
  • ctn = can't talk now
  • cts = changing the subject
  • cuz = because or cousin
  • cya = see you
  • cyl = see you later
  • -- D --
  • dbeyr = don't believe everything you read
  • dbm = don't bother me
  • dc'd = disconnected
  • dd = dear daughter
  • detai = don't even think about it
  • dgms = don't get me started
  • dgt = don't go there
  • diky? = do I know you?
  • dju? = did you?
  • dmaf = do me a favor?
  • dnd = do not disturb
  • dq = drama queen
  • dwai = don't worry about it
  • dwbh = don't worry, be happy
  • -- E --
  • eg = evil grin
  • e1 = everyone
  • eos = end of story
  • -- F --
  • f2f = face to face
  • f2t = free to talk
  • fav = favorite
  • fcol = for crying out loud
  • fil = father in law
  • focl = falling off chair laughing
  • ftw = for the win
  • -- G --
  • g2cu = good to see you
  • g2g = got to go
  • g4u = good for you
  • g2g2w = got to go to work
  • gr8 = great
  • gal = get a life
  • gb = God bless
  • gbh = great big hug
  • gbu = god bless you
  • gf = girlfriend
  • gg = good game
  • gga = good game all
  • ggp = gotta go potty
  • gj = good job
  • gjp = good job, partner
  • gl2a = good luck to all
  • gl2u = good luck to you
  • gl2u2 = good luck to you, too
  • glev1 = good luck everyone
  • glhf = good luck, have fun
  • glng = good luck next game
  • glnr = good luck next round
  • gmngl = good morning and good luck
  • gmta = great minds think alike
  • gn = good night
  • gr = get real
  • grg = gotta run guys
  • gt = good try
  • gtgn = gotta go now
  • gtr = gotta run
  • gws = get well soon
  • gyb = got your back
  • -- H --
  • h&k = hugs & kisses
  • h2cus or htsys = hope to see you soon
  • habd = have a blessed day
  • habt = how about this?
  • hagd = have a good day
  • hage = have a good evening
  • hagn = have a good night
  • hawd = have a wonderful day
  • hayd? = how are you doing?
  • hb = hurry back
  • hbiab = hurry back in a bit
  • hbl = hurry back later
  • hbd = happy birthday
  • hru? = how are you?
  • hrgl2ua = hello room good luck to you all
  • hsik? = how should I know?
  • hth = hope this helps
  • hwga = here we go again
  • -- I --
  • iag = it's all good
  • iawy = I agree with you
  • ib = I'm back
  • icbyst = I can't believe you said that
  • icr = I can't remember
  • ictrn = I can't talk right now
  • idc = I don't care
  • idgi = I don't get it
  • idk = I don't know
  • idky = I don't know you
  • idm = I don't mind
  • idw2n = I don't wanna know
  • idwk = I don't wanna know
  • ihnc = I have no clue
  • ihni = I have no idea
  • ikr = I know right
  • ilu = I love you
  • ily = I love you
  • im = instant message
  • imb = I am back
  • imho = in my humble opinion
  • imnl = I am not laughing
  • ink = I'm not kidding
  • irl = in real life
  • ita = I totally agree
  • itd = in the dark
  • iyd = in your dreams
  • -- J --
  • j/a = just asking
  • j/c = just curious
  • j/j = just joking
  • j/k = just kidding
  • j2lyk = just to let you know
  • j4f = just for fun
  • j4g = just for grins
  • j4l = just for laughs
  • j4u = just for you
  • jas = just a second
  • jml = just my luck
  • jp = jackpot spin
  • jw = just wondering
  • -- K --
  • kah = kisses and hugs
  • khuf = know how you feel
  • kis = keep it simple
  • kotc/kotch = kiss on the cheek
  • kwim = know what I mean?
  • kutgw = keep up the good work
  • -- L --
  • l2m = listening to music
  • L8r = later
  • l8rg8r = later gator
  • lafs = love at first site
  • ldr = long distance relationship
  • lfr = laughing for real
  • llap = live long and prosper
  • lmbo = laughing my butt off
  • lmk = let me know
  • lol = laugh out loud
  • lqtm= laughing quietly to myself
  • ltns = long time no see
  • lshigp = laughing so hard I'm going to pee
  • luv = love
  • lyl = love you lots
  • -- M --
  • mawou/y = may angels watch over you
  • mbio hagd = my break is over have a good day
  • mdf = my dear friend
  • mf = my friend
  • mil = mother in law
  • mml = made me laugh
  • mnm = mix-n-match (badges)
  • mp = my pleasure
  • mpa = my pleasure always
  • mpty/mp2u = more power to you
  • msmd = monkey see monkey do
  • myob = mind your own business
  • -- N --
  • n2g = not too good
  • n2bb = nice to be back
  • n2cu = nice to see you
  • n2k = need to know
  • n2mu = nice to meet you
  • nb = not bad
  • nbd = no big deal
  • ng = nice game
  • nh = nice hand
  • nhwb = need help with badge
  • ni = no idea
  • nj = nice job
  • njp = nice job, partner
  • nk = no kidding
  • nm = nice move
  • no = no offense
  • np = no problem
  • nr = nice roll
  • ns = nice score
  • ns = nice streak
  • nt = nice try
  • ntmy = nice to meet you
  • ntw = not to worry
  • nty = no, thank you
  • ntty = nice talking to you
  • nyf = not your fault
  • -- O --
  • oar = on a roll
  • obtw = oh by the way
  • oic = oh I see
  • oidia = oops I did it again
  • omg = oh my goodness
  • omt = one more time
  • omw = on my way
  • ootb = out of the blue
  • os = operating system
  • otoh = on the other hand
  • otp = on the phone
  • -- P --
  • p4b = playing for badge
  • pdg = please don't go
  • pdgy = please don't go yet
  • pdq = pretty darn quick
  • peeps = people
  • pita = pain in the appendix (or perhaps another body part)
  • plz = please
  • ppl = people
  • ptb = powers that be
  • pto = paid time off/personal time off
  • pyt = pretty young thing
  • -- Q --
  • qt = cutie
  • -- R --
  • rbay = right back at you
  • rofl = rolling on floor laughing
  • rtg = ready to go
  • rtm = read the manual
  • -- S --
  • s2u = same to you
  • sahm = stay at home mom
  • sbt = sorry about that
  • sd = sweet dreams
  • sg = something
  • shmily = see how much I love you
  • sil = sister in law
  • smh = shaking my head
  • snf = so not fair
  • sob = sweet old boy (among other things)
  • sof = smile on face
  • sofas = stepping out for a second
  • so = significant other
  • ss = so sorry
  • swak = sealed with a kiss
  • swalcakws = sealed with a lick cuz a kiss won't stick
  • sstht = so sorry to hear that
  • syl = see you later
  • -- T --
  • tab = totally amazing beauty
  • taig = that's all I got
  • tbf = to be fair
  • tbph = to be perfectly honest
  • tbnt = thanks but no thanks
  • tc = take care
  • tcfc = too close for comfort
  • tffw = too funny for words
  • tfic = tongue firmly in cheek
  • tioli = take it or leave it
  • tisc = that is so cool
  • tma = take my advice
  • tl = tough luck
  • tlc = tender loving care
  • tmai = tell me about it
  • tmi = too much information
  • tmsg = tell me something good
  • totp = talking on the phone
  • tptb = the powers that be
  • tokies = tokens
  • tss = that's so sweet
  • ttfn = ta ta for now
  • ttth = talk to the hand
  • tttt = to tell the truth
  • ttyiab = talk to ya in a bit
  • ttyl = talk to ya later
  • ttyt = talk to ya tomorrow
  • tut/tyt = take your time
  • twfaf = that's what friends are for
  • ty = thank you
  • tyfi = thank you for the invite
  • tyfp = thank you for playing
  • tyk = thank you kindly
  • -- U --
  • udwk = you don't wanna know
  • ugtr = you got that right
  • urtbitw = you are the best in the world
  • ut? = you there?
  • utm = you tell me
  • -- V --
  • vbg = very big grin
  • vf = very funny
  • vgg = very good game
  • vwd = very well done
  • -- W --
  • w/ = with
  • w/o = without
  • w2g = way to go
  • wad = without a doubt
  • way? = what about you?
  • wayd? = what are you doing?
  • wayg? = where are you going?
  • wayt? = what are you thinking?
  • wb = welcome back
  • wbp = welcome back, partner
  • wd = well done
  • wdyt? = what do you think?
  • we = whatever
  • wfh = work from home
  • witw? = what in the world?
  • wp = well played
  • wtb? = what's the buzz?
  • wtg = way to go
  • wth = what the heck?
  • wywh = wish you were here
  • wysiwyg = what you see is what you get
  • -- X --
  • xlnt = excellent
  • xoxo = hugs and kisses
  • -- Y --
  • yaqw = you are quite welcome
  • ygg = you go girl!
  • ygm = you got mail
  • yk = you're kidding
  • ykw? = you know what?
  • ymw = you're most welcome
  • ynk = you never know
  • yty = why thank you
  • yqw = you're quite welcome
  • yvw = you're very welcome
  • yw = you're welcome

Not So Common Abbreviations:

  • #tgtb = to get the badge (example: 6tgtb)
  • !$#%#@!#% = I lost again
  • bmoc = big man on campus
  • bwoc = big woman on campus
  • brb-brb = be right back, bathroom break
  • ejp = excellent job, partner
  • glng = good luck next game
  • icbidt = I can't believe I did that
  • fps = for Pete's sake
  • lbalt = luck be a lady tonight
  • ll = leapin' lizards
  • lylas = love ya like a sister
  • masoyp = may angels sleep on your pillow
  • mnc = mother nature calls
  • oftloh = oh for the love of Henry
  • v/r = virtual reality
  • ypmbtm = you play much better than me



Game Specific Abbreviations:

Bingo Games:

  • gjb = good job passing
  • njp = nice job passing
  • np = nice passing
  • ns = nice solo
  • ty4s = thank you for sharing
  • ty4w = thank you for wilds

BOGGLE Bash:

  • nf = nice find

Canasta:

  • nm = nice meld

Lottso:

  • sl = super lottso card
  • tyfc or ty4c = thank you for charity

Pogo Bowl:

  • nd = nice double
  • ifyp = I feel your pain
  • n(*)> = nice turkey
  • nr = nice run
  • nt = nice turkey
  • nx = nice strike
  • sir = strike it rich
  • ss = so sorry
  • sso = so sorry opens
  • ifyp = I feel your pain

Poker Games:

  • gs = good split
  • nf = nice fold
  • nk = nice kick
  • ns = nice split

Tri-Peaks Solitaire:

  • fud = face up deal

Word Riot Deluxe:

  • cg = clue giver
  • gjt = good job team
  • te = team effort

League Abbreviations:

  • blnr = better luck next round
  • blnt = better luck next time
  • bolnr = best of luck next round
  • bolnt = best of luck next tourney
  • rd = round
  • rds = rounds
  • tyfpm = thank you for playing me
  • tyfj = thank you for jumping/joining
  • tyfh = thank you for hosting

Funny or Obscure Abbreviations:

  • bw/bs/moa/hf = be well, be safe, most of all... have fun!
  • ibdiyh = I bow down in your honor
  • inw = I'm not worthy
  • iwiwiwimiwtwtgt = I wish I will I wish I might I wish to win this game tonight
  • ltalwdls = let's twist again like we did last summer
  • lumcomn = laughed until milk came out of my nose
  • rofgmbo = rolling on floor giggling my butt off
  • ualhagnuheer = you all have a good night, you hear? (Southern talk)
  • witsoohc = what is the sound of one hand clapping?

Ms. Netiquette's Favorites:

  • grmn = go read ms. netiquette
  • utm= use the mute

     I hope this helps you all a bit. Ttyl ualhagnuheer, rofgmbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment